To check out if this label applies to you, read through and consider the traits described below.
1. An HSP has a finely-tuned nervous system – something that is thought to be inherited. This makes them sensitive to external stimuli that the average person can ignore or filter out.
2. The HSP can find the world to be emotionally and physically draining. Thus they need to retreat, and have time on their own, in order to regain their sense of inner peace. They can still cope with pressure and a busy social life – but they need space and time to renew their energy.
3. The HSP has a rich inner life, and they know how they feel and the different reasons why. Their experiences are deep, intense and meaningful. However, this can leave them feeling drained and overwhelmed.
4. The HSP has a tendency towards anxiety, worry, depression, fear, guilt, disappointment, sadness and regret. They tend to see the pain in life and are rarely superficial.
5. He or she can identify with other people’s pain, and they can’t shake it off and move on with their life. Instead, it tends to weigh them down and keeps on playing on their mind.
6. An HSPs nervous system is over-sensitive to music, noise, light and excessive stimuli. They are more aware of pain, have a strong startle response, and are easily awakened when they fall asleep at night.
MARGARET THATCHER TRIED TO THROW THE MINISTER OF MAGIC OUT THE WINDOW.
SHE WASN’T CALLED THE IRON LADY FOR NOTHING.
Know what really creeps me out?
How much homophobes are obsessed with gay sex.
Seriously, any sort of queer content, no matter how subtle, in mainstream media is met with straight people freaking out about how they’re meant to explain gay sex to their children.
Let’s take Paranorman for instance - parents lost their SHIT when the football player MENTIONED HIS BOYFRIEND. Freaked the fuck out on “HOW WILL I EXPLAIN HOMOSEXUAL SEX TO MY CHILD!?”
Why the fuck do they instantly jump to sexual content?
Like fuck, when the girl asked him on a date, no one stood up and screamed “HOW WILL I EXPLAIN HOW THIS GIRL WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH THIS FOOTBALL PLAYER, TO MY CHILD!?”
Why they gotta be all creepy and suddenly go: Queer subject - “OH, OH SEX, SEX, SEEEEX, OMG QUEER SEX. WOW.”
Or how any same sex kissing is INNAPROPRO, but straight people can passionately mac-the-fuck-out and no one bats and eyelash.
Homophobes think about queer sex more than queer people do.
Ya’ll have a problem.
People mistake ovulation and menstruation to be the same thing when in fact they aren’t
Ovulation is when the eggs are saying “hello friends I am here”
And menstruation is when the eggs are saying “goodbye friends I am gone”
When I was in fifth grade I realized I liked girls but I was like “that’s a problem for another day” and literally forgot about it and then in like eleventh grade I was like “oh my god”
YOU PROCRASTINATED REALIZING YOUR SEXUALITY THAT’S IT YOU WIN YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF THE PROCRASTINATORS i bow to you